No Response on Facebook? You're Not Alone
Creating and managing Facebook content for your business can be time-consuming.
If you have a business page on Facebook where you are posting content, you're only reaching about 7% of your followers. It can be disheartening.
Get the most out of your Facebook content:
- Make your posts timely and relevant
- Build credibility and trust with your audience
- Ask yourself, “Would people share this with their friends or recommend it to others?”
- Think about, “Would my audience want to see this in their News Feeds?”
- DON'T specifically ask for likes or reposts. This used to be a good approach, but now people are more educated about how to interact with social media, and re-stating something they already know is annoying. If they enjoy your content, they'll let you know.
Timing is important!
It may sound illogical, but posting OUTSIDE of the highest traffic hours may help your content to be seen, because of Facebook's 2015 algorithm update.
If your post doesn't get any likes, comments or clicks from the first 5-10 people it is presented to, your content is "retired" from the News Feed, so you don't have a chance to get further interaction.
Therefore, if you post when there are fewer people online but still a few of your target audience, for example, interior designers who start work at 7am, those first few people will see the post, interact with it, and then once more people start logging in, your post will be offered again and again.
Facebook Ads - earned vs. paid
Regular content posts are called earned media. If you pay to promote a post, or post an ad, that's called paid media.
There is a transition happening from earned to paid media on Facebook, which means that if you want to get in front of more people, you will do better to pay for an ad. You don't have to spend a lot, either; you can set a daily or weekly limit. But it's important to have a targeted audience, otherwise your ad won't be seen by the right people.
If you need help identifying your target audience, or creating a Facebook ad, get in touch!
#Facebook #FBAlgorithm #earnedmedia #paidmedia