About Jennifer Davidson, Principal Designer
- Instructor: Continuing Education Unit classes (CEU), Interior Design Continuing Education Council, 2014 - current
- Social Media Chair: American Society of Interior Designers, California North Chapter, 2012 - 2015
- Master of Fine Arts, Interior Architecture & Design: Academy of Art University, 2012
- Chapter Member: Retail Design Institute, Northern California, 2011
- LEED AP: Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional, United States Green Building Council, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1994
View Jennifer's work at the American Society of Interior Designers California North chapter:
JENNIFER DAVIDSON HAS WORN MANY CAREER HATS
as a graphic designer for Kinko's, a popular underground dance music promoter with over 500 events and a dozen artists on her own label, and later, a corporate administration manager overseeing the entire country for Manpower UK.
While living in England, Jen pursued a life’s dream of renovating and decorating a property. She developed relationships with vendors and estate agents and taught herself repair and restoration skills, managing a team of volunteers to completely renovate an unloved apartment into a beautiful home. Family circumstances meant she did not reside there long, sadly.
Returning to the USA sparked a business change also: Jen enrolled full-time in the Academy of Art University to pursue a career in interior design. While in her sophomore year, against the odds for someone without existing professional electrical, plumbing or construction experience, she passed the LEED exam (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) to become a LEED Accredited Professional.
Graduating with her Master’s degree in Interior Architecture and Design, she followed a fellow student in joining ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers, and discovered they needed help with their social media. Though she had some experience -- including having integrated social media into her thesis design for an entertainment complex located in the building that is now Twitter's headquarters -- she was not then an expert. Jen started learning everything she could about social media to turn the chapter's dormant online presence into a hive of design excitement in the 21st century.
Since then, Jen has been recognized for her work as ASID Social Media Chair by Randy Fiser, Executive Vice President & CEO of ASID National, in part for founding a members-only LinkedIn discussion group, her innovative Twitter craft, as well as a popular weekly Facebook feature: Member & Industry Partner News.
Jen currently maintains consulting days, when she meets with interior designers and other industry professionals to help them achieve social media success.